Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Turnip Greens


I feel SO lucky that I married a man who likes to cook.  If it wasn't for Joe, I know I would be wasting money on prepared foods from Trader Joe's way too often.  I'm just a little lazy when it comes to the kitchen.  This really is not an issue of "I'm so glad he does the cooking so I don't have to," because I know I still wouldn't do it.  To sweeten the deal, he really strives to make tasty meals that are healthy, too.  He has a small, but growing collection of vegan cookbooks.  This sweet potato and turnip greens soup came from Bryant Terry's Vegan Soul Kitchen.  It is super duper YUMMY!

Joe cutting the taters:



The greens soaking in the sink:


Top it off with a slice of homemade bread for dipping, and the taste buds are ecstatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment